Elegant and sober cultural centre, it still bears the traces of its past: place of worship and protagonist during the wars. History was here.
Chiesa di San Gregorio was built in the borough with the same name, on the site of a previous church commissioned in 1331 and built in 1345 by the brotherhood known as Confraternita dei Battuti to support the patients of the nearby hospital. Initially dedicated to Saint Mary of Mercy, then to Madonna and Saint Gregory, and finally only to Saint Gregory from 1437, it was entirely refurbished and expanded in 1514 as per a project by Bernardino da Portogruaro. In March 1524, the main altar dedicated to Saint Gregory and a side altar dedicated to Saint Roch and Saint Sebastian were consecrated, as stated by the writing on the left wall of the apse.