With its “compact and solemn volume”, it is among the city’s most original buildings. It houses the art gallery dedicated to Pino Casarini.
Located in Piazza Duomo, it was once protected by the castle walls that started in Castelvecchio and reached the apse of Duomo di S. Nicolò. The architectural language of this imposing building is quite different from that of the other buildings in Sacile.
Most likely, its construction began in 1543 by order of the Venetian noble Bernardo Carli. Venetian style is mixed with typical elements from the areas of Treviso and Ceneda, openly contrasting with the elegant, noble tone of Piazza del Popolo and Campo Marzio. The same sober appearance can be found on its inside and on the linear side and back façades.