Chiesetta di San Daniele is located in the ancient hamlet of Topaligo, “a castle, now small villa in the territory, just half a mile outside Sacile, in the direction of the door of Saint Anthony”.
Chiesetta di San Daniele is a small religious building located in the hamlet of Topaligo, an ancient borough South of the railway station, inhabited from the Langobard period. The meaning of its name got lost in the course of its long history: “place rich in poplars” or “place connected to salt trade”.
The church was built around 1100 near a castle which was destroyed towards the end of the 12th century. The current structure dates to the 15th century, although some sources quoted Chiesa di San Daniele in connection with pastoral visits in the years 1512 and 1554. Contrary to other churches in Sacile, which were property of the Patriarchs of Aquileia, it has always belonged to the Diocese of Concordia and is up to date the beating hearth of Topaligo.